Saturday, March 3, 2018

Why I Should Be On ‘Master Chef Jr’

In 6th grade, I was huge on making mac and cheese as something to eat after school for my sister and I so I made it very often. So I had my pot of the macaroni on the stove, which was on, and started adding the milk, butter, and cheese packet. The first thing I attempted to add was butter, keep in mind-I made mac and cheese very often-and I decided to take a lighter and soften the butter. It was melting nicely and then it set on fire. Yes, the butter was on fire. I’m not sure how that was possible, maybe it was the paper on the butter but there was fire. I dropped it in the pot and everything was ok for a second because the moisture from the pasta contained it to the point a cup of water could probably take it out. Until a piece of macaroni-the smallest piece-that wasn’t cooked fully, set on fire, reigniting the butter fire. I didn’t know what to do and when I tried picking the pot up it was hot because 1. I left the stove on and 2. it was on fire. So I scream for my sister to come and she just screamed. I told her to do something cause she’s older but instead she left me. I grabbed some hand towels and put the pot in the sink and turned it on so it went out. It was a wild ride for an 11 year old and I’m no longer allowed to cook for my sister and I after school.

2 comments:

  1. OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS! OK so, I used to cook after school for myself, and my family as well, and I WOULD ALSO COOK MAC AND CHEESE AND SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT ITS JUST SO WEIRD THAT IM SEEING THIS POST RN, BECAUSE I LITERALLY JUST FINISHED WATCHING MASTER CHEF JUNIOR SEASON 6 EPISODE 2. (like my tab is still open) also the last time i made cookies, i burned my arm :\ sorry this comment is wild

    ReplyDelete