Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Monopoly

Monopoly. Your family friendly game that teaches you about money. My cousin Gino is obsessed with monopoly. He goes to a boarding school so him and his friends play all the time. As you may know, monopoly is a very long game. This one time, my cousins came over and we played monopoly for 9 hours. My cousins were sleeping over and we decided to play monopoly. It was my sister, Gino, his brother, and I when we started. It was around 6 o’clock when we started the game. Around 10, we decided to go to Walgreens and get snacks since none of us have gotten out yet. We drive to Walgreens, buy energy drinks and chips and we’re back within 20 minutes. We start the game up again at roughly 10:30. Finally, at around 1 am, my sister goes bankrupt. My cousins and I play until Josh (Gino’s brother) also goes bankrupt shortly after my sister. He didn’t stay bankrupt, his brother wanted me out of the game, so he gave him one of his hotels and if I landed on it he’d keep the money. Of course I landed on the hotel so I payed the $2,000 and Josh was no longer bankrupt. It’s 2 am when Josh goes bankrupt again and stays bankrupt. Gino and I are head to head, both of us with properties everywhere, it wasn’t much longer until one of us lost. Finally around 3:30 am, I go bankrupt and Gino is left with $200. We all went to sleep and played for another 5 hours the next morning. Gino also won that round. In the end, we learned that if we’re going to play, start early, and that Gino will always win.

1 comment:

  1. I love playing Monopoly as well, but I sometimes end up crying. That was a super long game!

    ReplyDelete