Saturday, March 24, 2018

March For Our Lives

Today I participated in the march for our lives in downtown Chicago. I personally love coming to marches. I went with some family friends and my bestfriend Janet. It was a really touching movement and I’m glad I was able to be a part of it. My poster said “My school dress code shouldn’t be stricter than gun control laws”. People took lots of pictures of me and I was interviewed twice! I also bought one of the signature matching hats but it’s a rainbow to show support for the lgbtq+ community. I took a lot of pictures too, and I’m really proud of them. If you’ve never marched, I recommend it. It’s a way to show you care and it’s not only fun reading all the signs. Listening to all the speakers before is really touching. We walked for 3 hours but it didn’t feel that long. I may no longer have a voice but it was most definitely worth it.
This is Janet and I! I’m the one with the rainbow hat :) I’m not sure why it’s sideways but that’s us with the signs :))

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't go to the march but I wish I did! Were you on TV?

    ReplyDelete