Monday, February 26, 2018

In Sickness and in Health

Usually I post about books and my happier side but here’s a more serious/ personal blog. So first I’ll start with sickness. I have a very bad immune system. I was born 2 weeks early and my mom has had troubles in the past with having kids so I was considered a ‘miracle baby’ for staying somewhat healthy (in other words, it could be worse). When I was born they thought something was wrong because I didn’t cry when I came out. Maybe for 2 seconds than I stopped and looked around. I was also born with bad asthma and needed breathing treatments but the need for those have stopped. Eventually as I grew to the age babies would crawl, I didn’t. I butt scooted. My cousins found I hilarious and would race me to see who scooted the fastest (I always won). Then it came to the time where I should start walking, (about 1 year) but I didn’t. I actually didn’t start walking until I was nearly 2, which concerned my mom and resulted in therapy (the therapist actually ended up having me use my facial expressions more often and now whenever I focus really hard on something I’ll end up sticking out my tongue). And for the next 11 years I was a normal kid, extremely clumsy, but normal. As I mentioned in the beginning, my immune system isn’t the best. I’ve actually had surgery before (removal of my adenoids) in hope of catching less colds. It didn’t work, I did stop snoring though, so I guess that’s a plus. In the past year, I’ve gotten sick nearly 15 times (without exaggeration, cold season kills me). I have been getting better, I probably get sick so often because I don’t like vaccines. I hate them actually. Needles are in my top 10 fears. This season (December - February) is when I’m mostly sick. It’s nothing life threatening and it isn’t unbearable. There’s the small things of always being cold (and I am, my hands are always freezing and my body temperature is 96.1-ish) and prone to headaches. It’s something doctors have said I’ll overcome and I hope they’re right. I know this has run long and I hope I didn’t bore you to death but I think it’s important to know a little more about me and why I’m such a homebody.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you really are a miracle baby. I'm sorry for you having to go through all the sicknesses during the year. :( Hope you're not sick anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I don’t get sick either 😂 Hopefully not again anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete